Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test
Location: Bangalore (location is flexible under the COVID situation)
To apply, please email your resume.
Akridata is a US based startup founded in 2018 to build an edge data platform for the autonomous world.
Rich data in large volumes is being collected at the edge(outside a data center) in use cases like autonomous vehicles, smart manufacturing, satellite imagery, smart retail, smart agriculture etc.
These datasets are characterized by being unstructured (images/videos), large size (Petabytes per month), distributed (across edge, on-prem and cloud) and form the input for training AI models to get to higher degrees of automation.
Akridata is engaged with building products that solve these unique challenges and be at the forefront of this edge data revolution.
The company is backed by prominent VCs and has it’s entire software engineering team based out of India and provides ample opportunities for from-scratch design and development.
Role and Responsibilities
Akridata is looking for a top-notch Sr Software Development Engineer in Test for the Product team. You will join a global team and work closely with the development team on the cutting edge products being developed. Responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scripts and test infrastructure.
- Ownership and accountability of end to end testing environment.
- Work with development to triage bugs and feature requests.
- Research emerging technologies related to cloud, lidar, radar, pic and video with data analytics and data science.
- Work with the engineering management team to establish and reinforce disciplined software development processes and best-practices.
- Develop products, libraries and reusable components for automating common business processes and interaction types.
- Write test plans, implement test cases and execute tests for various areas of Akridata application development platforms including API, SDK, UI, and libraries in Java and Python.
- Serve as escalation point for resolving production issues related to platform or product usage Continuously improve test efficiency and automation.
- Follow Agile/SCRUM methodology to deliver quality products.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science and/or equivalent majors. 4+ years of experience in software development/QA.
- Quick learner, a team player, and having can-do attitude. Have a knack of finding problems and breaking things. Thorough and Detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical problem solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledge and experience in testing methodologies and test automation framework development. Experience with distributed systems, databases, scalability & performance.
- Proficient in Python and/or Java.
- Working knowledge with Linux/Ubuntu.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience, Knowledge and familiarity with Docker, AWS cloud services and multi-threaded system a plus.