Senior Member of Technical Staff (MTS)
Location: Bangalore (location is flexible under the COVID situation)
To apply, please email your resume.
Akridata is a US based startup founded in 2018 to build an edge data platform for the autonomous world.
Rich data in large volumes is being collected at the edge(outside a data center) in use cases like autonomous vehicles, smart manufacturing, satellite imagery, smart retail, smart agriculture etc.
These datasets are characterized by being unstructured (images/videos), large size (Petabytes per month), distributed (across edge, on-prem and cloud) and form the input for training AI models to get to higher degrees of automation.
Akridata is engaged with building products that solve these unique challenges and be at the forefront of this edge data revolution.
The company is backed by prominent VCs and has it’s entire software engineering team based out of India and provides ample opportunities for from-scratch design and development.
Role and responsibilities
This role is for a senior software developer with following responsibilities
- Design and development of scalable, fault-tolerant and enterprise grade applications that are deployed on multiple public clouds and private data center environments.
- Be a generalist developer with willingness to work across different areas like the edge data platform and Kubernetes hosted micro-services.
- Be a lead technologist in specific areas of work with sufficient breadth to be able to make strategic technical design decisions.
- Mentor and guide junior engineers in the team.
What we are looking for
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science.
- 8+ years of total experience with 5+ years of hands-on experience on foundational software components(Vs high level applications) like file systems, cache managers, memory managers, databases, distributed query processors, stream processing engines, cluster managers etc.
- Strong computer science fundamentals and an aptitude to develop first versions of major features involving systematic investigation, prototyping and development.
- Willingness to work in a dynamic, fast paced startup environment.
- Hands-on experience developing enterprise grade applications using any of Java, Python, C++ or GoLang.
Good to have
Experience working with applications deployed as microservices on public cloud or Kubernetes clusters.